Click the link below to view our student enrollment policy
The file is in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. This software is provided free of charge and you may download the latest version by clicking on the ‘Get Acrobat Reader’ button.
Enrolling a Student in the Bedford Area School District
It is easy to enroll a student in any of the five schools that are part of the Bedford Area School District. If you follow the steps below and bring the necessary information, the enrollment process can take place without delay.
- Call the building prior to visiting to be sure the guidance counselor is available at our secondary buildings or the secretaries are available at our elementary buildings.
- Bring all immunization records for the student(s) to be enrolled. The school nurse will need to review these records prior to final enrollment.
- Bring any other records that the sending/prior school gave to you.
- Bring the name, address, telephone number and fax number of the prior/sending school to aid in the transfer of transcript information.
If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate school.
Senior Challenge Overview
Senior Challenge is a cooperative initiative between the Bedford Area School District, the Bedford County Technical Center, and the Everett Area School District. This program is built on academic rigor, the relevance of learning, and building relationships with community partners. The mission of the Senior Challenge program is to challenge students’ knowledge, skills, and creativity in an area of keen interest that will connect students to meaningful learning. Senior Challenge is offered to seniors who demonstrate exemplary character and academic excellence. This program offers students expanded high school curriculum choices, encourages enrollment in online and college courses, and provides authentic, experiential learning opportunities. Acceptance into Senior Challenge is not automatic. Students must meet the program guidelines and acceptance is highly competitive.
Project Coordinator: Dr. Dena Mobus
Please click the link below to download an application.
Youth Leadership Bedford County endows youth with the knowledge and ability to become a confident servant leader.
Youth Leadership Bedford County (YLBC) offers a ten-month leadership training program for a select group of Bedford County high school sophomores. The program consists of team building activities and leadership training sessions that create an awareness of resources, services and issues specific to Bedford County. This program will become a pivotal life experience for the participants who will serve in leadership positions today and in the future.
- To help the participants build confidence in their leadership qualities
- To enhance the understanding of a leader’s role in the community
- To create a meaningful dialogue and sense of teamwork among participants and current community leaders
- To provide opportunities for students from Bedford County school districts to meet and develop a level of mutual trust and respect
- To instill a commitment to serve others and the community
- To improve the quality of life for all in Bedford County by instilling the attributes of servant leadership.