A Message From The School Nurse
Bedford Middle School
Monday, July 12, 2021
A few friendly reminders from the school nurse:
- 6th graders are required to have a physical examination. If you need a physical call your private physician or the Bedford Family Health Center to schedule an appointment 814-263-5804. Also, physical examinations will be offered by the school physician on Tuesday, October 12th.
- 7th graders are required by the state of Pennsylvania to have a Tdap and meningococcal vaccine. If you have received these vaccines please send in a copy of the immunization record if you haven’t already done so. You can have your physician fax the school at 623-4214. Please call your physician to receive these vaccines if your child has not been vaccinated. If you choose not to vaccinate your child due to religious or philosophical reasons there is an exemption form available to fill out. Please call 623-4200 extension 2105 to obtain this form.
- 7th graders are also required to have a dental examination. You can have your dentist fax the school at 623-4214. Our school dentist will be here on Friday, October 22nd to those who need one free of charge.
- The Mobile Dentist visits the Bedford Middle School twice a year. More information will be available at a later date.
- If your child takes medication during the school day please contact the nurse prior to the start of school.
Kim Eller - Head Nurse