The Bedford Area School District is committed to excellence in the special education area. There is a commitment to provide an education to children with disability in the least restrictive environment, keeping the best interest of the students in mind at all times. The District continues to make positive improvements to ensure what is most appropriate for students.
The Professional and Support Staff of the Bedford Area School District are dedicated to providing quality programs to students with disabilities.
The school district conducts screenings and evaluations for children who are thought to be gifted and in need of gifted education. The first contact for parents would be with your son/daughter’s classroom teacher and the school counselor.
Gifted programming is operated by the school district and focuses on enrichment and acceleration activities that supplement the regular education program.
Sources of Gifted Materials and Information
- Andrew S Mahoney Counseling the Gifted
- Chapter 16 Gifted Regulations
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Gifted Children Monthly
- Hoagies Gifted Education
- Odyssey of the Mind
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Children
- Prufrock Press The Nations Leading Resource for Gifted and Advanced Learners
Hi Parents, welcome to the parent information and training section of our website. Below are some links to parent information found online. Additionally, the Bedford Area School District offers at least three trainings for parents annually. The special education office will send letters letting you know the date, location, and time of the parent trainings.
- Parent Information and Training Opportunity Documents
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader
- Homework Help
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Parent Education Network
- Parentpals Website