To print a copy of the application for the 2021-2022 school year, please click on the above link:
When you have completed your application either:
- Send into school with your child and he/she can hand into their teacher.
- Drop off at Bedford High School and they will forward your application to the Food Service Office.
- Mail to: Bedford Area School District, Food Service Office, 330 East John St, Bedford, PA 15522.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this application, please contact the Food Service Office at 814-623-4235.
You may go online to http://www.schoolcafe.com to apply for Free and Reduced meals. This allows you to easily see the results of your application and eligibility notifications.
You may also do an online Free and Reduced Meal Application by accessing the Compass (Commonwealth of PA Benefit) website link: http://www.compass.state.pa.us
- Once the website opens, you will see Welcome to Compass.
- Click on the Apply Now button, Click continue.
- Click on Free and Reduced Meals Learn More for information.
- If you do not need any explanations, click Next three times, check yes or no for an existing Compass account.
- If you do not have an existing account, please complete the Password Info, click Next, choose Free and Reduced in the listing.
- If you have an existing account, enter your Password Info, click Next, choose Free and Reduced in the listing.
- Complete questions and form, Save info and print a copy for your files.
- Click send and it will be sent to the Bedford Food Service Office via email.
School Café, is an online Payment Portal management system that allows you to check your child’s cafeteria balance, and track what they are eating.
Payments may be made either in the form of a credit card payment or via an ACH/bank draft transaction. ACH Transactions allow you to deposit money using your checking or savings account. Credit Card Transactions allow you to deposit money using a major credit card. All fees charged by School Café are to cover the expenses of processing your transaction. No part of the fee is charged or received by the school.
PARENT access to the School Café system is available through School Café. If you need help accessing your account please contact Joni Miller at 623-4235.
Setting up your School Café School Payment Portal Account:
Please follow the link below:
Log out when you are finished. If you have any questions or concerns with School Café, please call the Food Service Office at 623-4235 or 623-4236.
Start your day off right with breakfast! Breakfast is available every day in all buildings. Students must choose at least 3 of the 4 components offered to be counted as a reimbursable breakfast. Components for a reimbursable breakfast are: protein, bread/grain, fruit and milk. One of the components taken MUST be a fruit.
|Student Price||All Schools $1.25|
|Student Price||Reduced All Schools $.30|
|Adult Price||All Schools $1.70|
Lunch is available for all students. We encourage healthy eating and have daily choices of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, salad bar and whole grain bread and buns. Students must choose at least 3 of the 5 components to be counted as a reimbursable lunch. Components for a reimbursable lunch are: protein, bread/grain, vegetable, fruit and milk. One of the components taken MUST be a fruit or vegetable.
|Student Price||Elementary School $2.40|
|Student Price||Secondary School $2.50|
|Student Price||Reduced All Schools $.40|
|Adult Price||All Schools $3.50|
All schools have Point of Sale cash registers/computers allowing students to deposit money into their own account for daily food purchases. Every student has his/her own identification number which can be used to access their cafeteria account.
At meal time, the student enters his/her ID# on the key pad to access their account. The cashier will then enter the transaction and the purchase is deducted from the student’s account.
Students can deposit any amount of money by check or cash by giving the deposit to the cashier who will enter the amount in the student’s account. The check can be made out to Bedford Area School District. Please write on the check "lunch money and your child's name".
We also have an emailing system that will send you a notice twice a week. It will email any student’s home that has a negative account balance. Parents may check their child’s account balance online by using School Café. They can also make Credit Card or ACH Deposits by setting up an account with School Café. For more information please access the School Café Portal.
High School students with a negative balance will not be permitted ala carte purchases.