In the fall of 2018, the Bedford Area School District issued iPads to all students as part of our Bedford 2020 initiative. The district heard positive feedback from students, parents, teachers, and community members on our commitment to enhance student learning with modern technology.
The iPads engaged students in the classroom and enhanced their educational experience. The Bedford 2020 initiative continues to modernize and expand student learning.
The current iPad lease is expiring at the end of this school year. As a result, we will collect current student iPads and distribute new student iPads prior to the end of this school year. The school buildings will announce specific dates of iPad collection and distribution. The process to distribute and collect iPads will begin in the month of May.
In order for the distribution process to be successful, we need your help:
- In the next few days, your child will bring home technology papers. We need the appropriate technology forms completed and returned to your child’s school by April 21,2021.
- If you select to purchase insurance, we need the appropriate forms and payment by April 21, 2021.
- Your child will need to review any personal information such as pictures, notes, and/or video and work with the district technology to backup such information.
- The technology department will visit individual buildings in the next few weeks to assist students in this process.
- Your child will also need to turn in their iPad in acceptable condition on the required date assigned by the individual school building.
- Please know, all parents and students must complete the previous steps in order to receive the new iPads in a timely fashion.
If you have any questions about the new iPads, please contact your child’s building administration.